Senior IT Technician
Date Added: 05/10/2020
An amazing opportunity for an experienced senior IT professional, to join a locally based, growing company who have exciting plans for the future of their business, and for this role.
Type: Specialist Roles
Salary: £25-30k DOE
- Providing 2nd and 3rd Line IT support to customers
- Assisting with major projects eg - installations, upgrades, migrations etc.
- Assist with and support 1st and 2nd line support engineers with workload
- Provide coaching to 1st and 2nd line support to improve first time success rates and reduce repeat occurrences.
- Assist and support operations manager with workload.
Key Skills and Experience
Skills and experience are really important in this role due to the technical nature of it. Our clients would like:
- Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems through to 2019 (2003/2008/2008R2/SBS/2012 Server/XP/Vista/7/8)
- Core Microsoft infrastructure technologies and solutions (Exchange, IIS, AD, RDS)
- Hosted / Cloud managed environments, particularly Microsoft Azure.
- Networking – VPNs, VLANs, LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP
- Backup technologies
- Server hardware maintenance and troubleshooting
- Firewalls (Cisco, PFSense, Sonicwall, Watchguard, Sophos UTM)
- MS Office 365
Our client is really looking to invest in their new recruit and with the exciting plans they have for the future of the business, they want this candidate to really buy in to their culture and ethos. They are looking for applicants who finish the job, can hit deadlines, who are detail conscious, methodical and process based.
As well as the above, they are looking for someone with problem solving capabilities, thinking outside the box and always looking at the bigger picture.
< Go back to search results