could this be you?
- Responsible for Managing a portfolio of audit clients and associated client relationships
- Carrying out audit assignments and working closely with the Head of Audit on departmental and firm projects as required
- Oversee audit assignments from start to finish, managing teams of up to 5 staff to meet reporting deadlines and client agreed deadlines
- Prepare or review an audit risk analysis specific to the client with reference to the client’s activity in the year, the industry in which they operate, regulatory environments if applicable, and any other matters which may impact audit risk
- Prepare or review preliminary analytical procedures on the draft accounts and identify how we plan to test the various audit assertions
- Review materiality and sample sizes calculated
- Ensure that the planning section of Audit Automation reflects all planning considerations and discussions, and is appropriately signed off
- Ensure that results and conclusions of audit work are documented in Audit Automation fieldwork section, and is fully signed off
- Review the completed accounts and ensure compliance with all necessary disclosures as required by accounting standards, including completion of a disclosure checklist were considered necessary (most commonly under FRS 102)
- Review / list out any adjustments and unadjusted journals separately during the course of the audit, to be provided to the client once the assignment has come to its conclusion
- Prepare a list of points for clients and Head of Audit to highlight key issues or matters identified during the accounting and audit process
- Research accounting or tax issues as and when required, and document the research with references
- Review current processes and provide recommendations to enhance client policies and procedures to be included in reports to management, and able to discuss these with the client
- Ensure Audit Automation completion section has been fully completed and signed off
- Liaise with tax department around the collection of information on tax-sensitive categories, and regarding a draft CT provision for the accounts
- Liaise with Business Services department in relation to completion of accounts including reviewing the completed accounts and ensuring compliance with all necessary disclosures as required by accounting standards plus ensuring amendments are appropriately processed
- Prepare or review consolidation workings where appropriate
- Completion of internal and ad hoc processes as required including meetings, inductions, diary management, budget preparation and management, billing etc
- Monitoring of departmental performance including client wins / losses, billing, forecasting, assignment recoveries
- Involvement in client tendering processes including drafting and finalisation of proposal documents, introductory meetings and presentations
- Liaising with group auditors and delivery of group reporting requirements where necessary
- Management of audit staff including training and development of the team, recruitment, appraisals and other HR processes
- A small selection of audits may require travel / overnight stays
- Exemplary audit knowledge and experience
- Flexible work attitude, pro-active team player
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Able to learn and pick things up fast
- Familiar with and have an awareness of the laws and regulations that apply to accounting and audit and are required to ensure compliance
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good telephone manner and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, communicate and manage expectations
- Commercial awareness
- Experience in team and staff management
- Desirable Skills
- Existing knowledge of CCH accounts / audit
- Able to use complex Excel functions
- Specialist expertise of accounting/audit areas and/or industries
- UK taxation knowledge
- Client tendering and onboarding experience
- 25 days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Death in Service
- Up to 5% employers pension contribution
- Professional Development opportunities and training
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will it cost for you to find me a job?
It’s an age-old myth that recruitment agencies charge candidates. Our services to candidates are completely free of charge. We offer CV writing, career advice, interview preparation (and more), and we don’t charge you a penny!
Can I register with more than one agency at a time?
Yes, absolutely, and we recommend you do so to ensure you’re getting your name out there. What we do ask is that you’re honest with both parties. Keep everyone informed of all your job activities, and there should be no issues in doing this.
Why should I register with Juice Personnel instead of just finding my own job?
Juice Personnel is a reputable recruitment agency with over 60 years of combined professional experience among our consultants. Our in-depth market knowledge is second to none, and our links with local businesses cover the whole of West Yorkshire, giving us access to hundreds of available opportunities. We will fully manage your application and can offer advice, guidance, or a friendly chat should you need us to!
I’ve applied for a vacancy online. Does this mean you’ve sent my CV to your client?
No, no and no! We pride ourselves on meeting every single candidate we work with. Any recruiters worth their salt will do the same! It’s our professional duty to ensure that we match the right people to the right business, and there is no way we can do this without meeting you first. We also NEVER send your details anywhere without getting your consent first.
I’ve sent my CV to you and haven’t heard anything. Why is this?
We receive hundreds of CVs daily, so it’s physically impossible to reply to every candidate. We reach out to as many people as possible, but we state in our adverts that if we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours, you can assume your CV wasn’t shortlisted. If in doubt – pick up the phone. We’re always happy to talk about recruitment.