could this be you?
- To deliver a marketing, events and engagement plan. To provide day to day administration of events, including our destination website, to support the Project manager in all aspects of their role
- Developing, delivering and reviewing an annual events, marketing and engagement plan
- Promoting and running our destination website
- Administration relating to the delivery of the projects events
- Work with the Board, The Project Manager and other stakeholders to develop an annual events, marketing and engagement plan (the Plan)
- To deliver the Plan, where necessary contracting out areas of work as agreed with the Project Manager and Board
- Your work will be split into the following areas
- To work with the Project Manager and Board to develop and lead the execution of a marketing plan to support the delivery of our Objectives in the 2024-2029 Business Plan
- Planning, scheduling and copy of social media content and eshots
- Overseeing the development of branding for new campaigns
- Maintenance and updates to the website, including addition of new content
- Planning, and where appropriate designing adverts, both digital and print
- Developing and monitoring key performance indicators relating to marketing activities, to ensure the Plan is effective, and providing a monthly update and quarterly reports to the Board
- Engagement with levy payers
- Work with the Project manager to create an engagement plan as part of the marketing and events plan
- Quarterly printed newsletters( Weekly email newsletters)
- Regular, informative e-shots
- Other types of activity that not only keep all the Project members informed but encourage their engagement, e.g. morale boosting activities, meetings, training events, sharing content on social media
- Contribute to the development of our levy payer CRM and ensure it is updated regularly as appropriate
- To develop, facilitate and take the lead for the delivery of all events as a means of promoting the Town and supporting our campaigns for example
- Seasonal Themed Days
- Christmas entertainment
- To develop and execute marketing and PR activities for each event, including the creation of social media content, press releases, print advertisements, out of home materials and so on, drawing on the expertise of external agencies as necessary
- To liaise with vendors, suppliers, and others to assist in the execution of events where necessary
- To monitor and evaluate the impact of events against a set of indicators
- To measure, record and report the impact of activities as set out in the Plan on at least a quarterly basis to the Board. Making use of tools like Google Search Console, Google analytics, social media insight tools etc
- Ensure compliance with GDPR legislation at all times
- Support the Project manager to build engagement with levy payers through providing information, encouraging sharing levy payers experiences, encouraging levy payer involvement in events and campaigns
- To attend meetings as requested with the Board, levy payers and stakeholders
- Support the delivery of other projects – e.g. street lighting
- Any other duties commensurate with the post to support the delivery of projects activities
- Suitable candidates will ideally be educated to a degree level and / or will ideally have a minimum of 2 years experience likely to be in a destination, cultural or tourism marketing role. You will have good communication skills, an eye for detail, an ability to work with the public and the confidence to work independently
- At least 3 years’ experience in a related role
- A degree or equivalent qualification in marketing and communications or event management
- GCSE English & Maths
- Excellent & confident face to face communicator
- Excellent IT skills including all Microsoft office software, creative use of social media apps, experience of using scheduling tools
- Experience of using software to design adverts / posters / newsletters / social media posts
- Excellent copywriter
- Experience of editing and updating webpages
- Experience and understanding of how to draw down and use analytical information relating to website and social media performance
- Experience of writing and presenting reports
- Ability to pay close attention
- Knowledge of Huddersfield
- Knowledge and Understanding of this type of Project
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- A creative and positive thinker with a can-do attitude
- Ability to reflect and learn from mistakes
- Ability to use own initiative
- Experience of working in a small team
- Calm under pressure
- Team player
- Customer focussed
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Has high expectations and standards
- The hours of work for this position are full-time 5 days per week. There may be the occasional times of year where some weekend hours are requested to support events, days being given back in Leu
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will it cost for you to find me a job?
It’s an age-old myth that recruitment agencies charge candidates. Our services to candidates are completely free of charge. We offer CV writing, career advice, interview preparation (and more), and we don’t charge you a penny!
Can I register with more than one agency at a time?
Yes, absolutely, and we recommend you do so to ensure you’re getting your name out there. What we do ask is that you’re honest with both parties. Keep everyone informed of all your job activities, and there should be no issues in doing this.
Why should I register with Juice Personnel instead of just finding my own job?
Juice Personnel is a reputable recruitment agency with over 60 years of combined professional experience among our consultants. Our in-depth market knowledge is second to none, and our links with local businesses cover the whole of West Yorkshire, giving us access to hundreds of available opportunities. We will fully manage your application and can offer advice, guidance, or a friendly chat should you need us to!
I’ve applied for a vacancy online. Does this mean you’ve sent my CV to your client?
No, no and no! We pride ourselves on meeting every single candidate we work with. Any recruiters worth their salt will do the same! It’s our professional duty to ensure that we match the right people to the right business, and there is no way we can do this without meeting you first. We also NEVER send your details anywhere without getting your consent first.
I’ve sent my CV to you and haven’t heard anything. Why is this?
We receive hundreds of CVs daily, so it’s physically impossible to reply to every candidate. We reach out to as many people as possible, but we state in our adverts that if we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours, you can assume your CV wasn’t shortlisted. If in doubt – pick up the phone. We’re always happy to talk about recruitment.