Could this be you
- To maximise sales and profitability through effective management of people, resources, and budgets
- Ensuring delivery of exceptional operational standards throughout all shops
- Leading and developing the team of shop staff
- To contribute to the development of the retail strategy in line with the wider strategic objectives
- Assist the Head of Retail with the implementation of strategic action plans relating to the shops and provide regular progress updates
- Provide regular updates to the Head of Retail with regards to performance and progress towards meeting business objectives
- To maximise income from the shops and ensure that sales and profit targets are exceeded.
- Analysis of the shop’s performance using relevant data to maximise income and control the costs of the shops
- Assist with the development of the marketing and promotion strategy for retail and deliver actions relating to the shops
- Identify and suggest actions to mitigate the key financial risks to the shops
- Provide relief management and support in the shops as required
- Regularly review high street and charity retailers to ensure the shops remain competitive within the local market
- Produce content for the social channels
- Maintain a standard of excellence at all times with regards to customer service, handle complaints, escalating to the Head of Retail where appropriate
- Deliver a high standard of merchandising and display (to include new goods and donated) windows and in store
- To ensure adequate cover and resource is provided for staff holiday and sickness in each retail outlet
- Ensure that high standards of cleanliness and good housekeeping are constantly maintained
- Oversee the security of the shops by controlling keys and maintaining appropriate security procedures
- Carry out all necessary Risk Assessments relating to activities within shops
- To be responsible for the monitoring and maintenance of safe working environments and working practices at all times within the shops
- Ensure that health and safety documentation is kept up to date with regular audit checks in each shop
- To be responsible for the reporting of maintenance issues in shops
- Responsible for safe cash management in the Retail shops
- Responsible for the security of stock within the shops, and taking action to guard against external and internal theft
- Liaise with the warehouse manager regarding stock generation and the requirements for each shop
- Ensure consistency of pricing across shops to maximise profitability
- Ensure other retail and events and initiatives are promoted in the shops
- Support shop staff to plan and launch events such as sales and seasonal changes
- Assist with the recruitment of shop staff
- To lead, motivate and care for the wellbeing of shop staff, dealing with day-to-day management issues as they arise
- Carry out annual appraisals and regular 1-2-1’s with shop Managers/Assistants
- Identify the training and development needs of shops staff and develop in house solutions where possible to address these
- Support the Head of Retail to hold regular shop meetings and attend other meetings as required
- Work with the Volunteer team in order to recruit, induct and train volunteers to provide the best available volunteer coverage for the shops
- Ensure shop staff use appropriate communication tools to keep volunteers up to date with news from the retail department
- Self-development – to maintain and develop skills and knowledge in retail management
- Manage and ensure compliance of regulatory requirements within the shops e.g., Sales of Goods Act, Data Protection and GDPR, Health and Safety, Safeguarding
- Review policies relating to shops on a regular basis and update as necessary
- Car owner with full driving license
- Be able to use a till system, Gmail, google drive and google sites
- Be a fast learner who can follow delegated tasks
- Pay close attention to detail and accuracy
- Have excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Be open to training and development
- Proactive with an eagerness to learn, develop and work
- Existing retail experience
- Ability to think strategically and plan effectively
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work with flexibility
- On sight parking
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will it cost for you to find me a job?
It’s an age-old myth that recruitment agencies charge candidates. Our services to candidates are completely free of charge. We offer CV writing, career advice, interview preparation (and more), and we don’t charge you a penny!
Can I register with more than one agency at a time?
Yes, absolutely, and we recommend you do so to ensure you’re getting your name out there. What we do ask is that you’re honest with both parties. Keep everyone informed of all your job activities, and there should be no issues in doing this.
Why should I register with Juice Personnel instead of just finding my own job?
Juice Personnel is a reputable recruitment agency with over 60 years of combined professional experience among our consultants. Our in-depth market knowledge is second to none, and our links with local businesses cover the whole of West Yorkshire, giving us access to hundreds of available opportunities. We will fully manage your application and can offer advice, guidance, or a friendly chat should you need us to!
I’ve applied for a vacancy online. Does this mean you’ve sent my CV to your client?
No, no and no! We pride ourselves on meeting every single candidate we work with. Any recruiters worth their salt will do the same! It’s our professional duty to ensure that we match the right people to the right business, and there is no way we can do this without meeting you first. We also NEVER send your details anywhere without getting your consent first.
I’ve sent my CV to you and haven’t heard anything. Why is this?
We receive hundreds of CVs daily, so it’s physically impossible to reply to every candidate. We reach out to as many people as possible, but we state in our adverts that if we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours, you can assume your CV wasn’t shortlisted. If in doubt – pick up the phone. We’re always happy to talk about recruitment.