could this be you?
- The Technician will assist with the day-to-day operation of the Academy and the safe presentation of all student productions, external hires and projects at the Academy. Duties will include (but are not limited to) assisting academic staff during practical sessions, maintenance of equipment, maintaining and supervising the safe and efficient operation of the Academy studios and specialist teaching spaces, assisting the training of students and staff on how to operate equipment, and ensuring that health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to at all times by building users in the Academy studios / warehouse
- Assist academic staff in the safe and effective delivery of practical sessions and assessments, with supervision responsibilities over small groups of students
- Provide a high level of customer service to internal and external clients
- Set up and maintain Academy facilities (e.g., Classrooms, Storerooms) to be ready for programmed teaching and assessment activity
- Co-ordinate the set up and de-rig of equipment as required
- Comply with the Academy’s stock-control system and ensure equipment is returned to the correct, secure location.
- Maintain equipment to the correct industry standard
- Diagnose faults and carry out front-line maintenance
- Carry out stock-checks as directed
- Communicate and negotiate with manufacturers and suppliers where required
- Collect and drop off equipment from suppliers and sponsors
- Maintain a good working knowledge of technical equipment for lighting, sound, video systems, rigging and networking
- Undertake all tasks identified by the Director of Digital & Technical Resources
- Supervise any student or local crew employed to assist the above areas of technical support/maintenance
- Ensure health and safety requirements are adhered to
- Undertake all duties in line with Academy policies and H&S legislation
- Attend staff meetings and any training identified by the company
- Proactively strive to meet targets and KPIs set by the Director of Digital & Technical Resources
- To undertake any other appropriate duties in keeping with your role, as deemed necessary by your Line Manager, Head of Department or the Head of the Institution
- The post-holder may be required to undertake any other duties which may reasonably be required as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the Job Description in specific terms
- Knowledge of stock management systems such as Current RMS
- A primary technical specialism of either: Rigging & Automation, Live Audio Technology & Systems, Lighting Technology & Systems, Video Technology & Systems
- Knowledge of data networking principles and processes
- Knowledge of temporary electrical systems and their installation
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and risk assessment processes
- A friendly professional manner and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Self-motivated, ambitious and results orientated with an ability to thrive under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience of dealing directly with a wide variety of people
- Flexible approach to working, excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Positive attitude and an eagerness to learn
- Considerable personal initiative, maturity and judgement in interpreting course of action and setting priorities
- Commitment to developing your professional skills and Knowledge. Undertaking other relevant professional development where necessary
- Ambitious and results orientated
- A degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Full driving license
- Existing and up to date DBS or CRB assessment
- Experience of working in the Technical Theatre or Live Events Industry
- Experience of working in a Higher Education environment
- Demonstratable experience of equipment maintenance skills
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Employee lunches provided every day
- Dog Friendly Environment
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Employee Lunches Provided
- Electric Car Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff development and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme for wellbeing support
Frequently Asked Questions
How much will it cost for you to find me a job?
It’s an age-old myth that recruitment agencies charge candidates. Our services to candidates are completely free of charge. We offer CV writing, career advice, interview preparation (and more), and we don’t charge you a penny!
Can I register with more than one agency at a time?
Yes, absolutely, and we recommend you do so to ensure you’re getting your name out there. What we do ask is that you’re honest with both parties. Keep everyone informed of all your job activities, and there should be no issues in doing this.
Why should I register with Juice Personnel instead of just finding my own job?
Juice Personnel is a reputable recruitment agency with over 60 years of combined professional experience among our consultants. Our in-depth market knowledge is second to none, and our links with local businesses cover the whole of West Yorkshire, giving us access to hundreds of available opportunities. We will fully manage your application and can offer advice, guidance, or a friendly chat should you need us to!
I’ve applied for a vacancy online. Does this mean you’ve sent my CV to your client?
No, no and no! We pride ourselves on meeting every single candidate we work with. Any recruiters worth their salt will do the same! It’s our professional duty to ensure that we match the right people to the right business, and there is no way we can do this without meeting you first. We also NEVER send your details anywhere without getting your consent first.
I’ve sent my CV to you and haven’t heard anything. Why is this?
We receive hundreds of CVs daily, so it’s physically impossible to reply to every candidate. We reach out to as many people as possible, but we state in our adverts that if we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours, you can assume your CV wasn’t shortlisted. If in doubt – pick up the phone. We’re always happy to talk about recruitment.